Cycling Without Age operates all around Australia. Rides are delivered in the community, by the community.
Local Chapter services are operated by groups of individuals, aged and disability residential and home care service providers, local governments, community groups, cycling clubs, etc. Some are governed as branches of Cycling Without Age Australia and others have independent governance.
Start a Chapter
A Cycling Without Age Chapter provides rides in an agreed upon group of locations within a community either geographically or organizationally defined.
The members of a chapter may include individuals, aged and disability residential and home care service providers, local governments, community groups, cycling clubs, businesses, etc.
The steps taken towards getting a chapter up and running are typically:
- Determine community partners, passenger demand and trishaw routes
- Affiliate with Cycling Without Age and join Cycling Without Age Australia
- Fundraise for trishaw purchase and ongoing operational costs
- Identify Community Captain(s) to facilitate trishaw operation
- Organise logistics, develop documentation, recruit and train pilots and market service to community
- Launch trishaw arrival and start giving those no longer able to ride for themselves the right to wind in their hair in your community!
Affiliation and Membership
If you would like to start a Cycling Without Age Chapter, the first step is to become a Cycling Without Age Affiliate (which includes membership of Cycling Without Age Australia). This entitles your Chapter to use the Cycling Without Age brand and also to tap into our national and global movement of like-minded people, who all help each other with getting started.
Cycling Without Age Australia members receive:
- Login access to shared cloud storage areas (Google Drive) containing:
- Policies and Procedures
- Operating guidelines
- Training materials
- Promotional materials
- Trishaw operations documentation
- Shared resources (photos, stories, grant submissions, etc.)
- The Cycling Without Age Brand Book
- A Cycling Without Age email address
- Invitation to attend and vote at general meetings (and stand for Committee positions).