If you have a desire to set up a chapter based on our guiding principles, we encourage you to become a Cycling Without Age Affiliate, and tap into our global movement of like-minded people, who all help each other with getting started. An Affiliate can be a nursing home, organisation, community group or an individual.
Contact us here, if you want to be an affiliate: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cycling Without Age Australia can also support you by sharing knowledge and local experience related to trishaw purchase, insurance requirements, route assessment, marketing, pilot training, scheduling solutions and volunteer management.
The steps towards getting a chapter up and running are typically:
- Determine community partners, passenger demand and trishaw routes
- Fundraise for trishaw purchase and ongoing operational costs
- Identify Community Captain(s) to facilitate trishaw operation
- Organise logistics, develop documentation, recruit and train pilots and market service to community
- Launch trishaw arrival and start giving elderly the right to wind in their hair in your community!